Monday, April 15, 2013

One Week


One Week

(a la Barenaked Ladies, 1998 --- if you dont know this tune, here's the link for the video. I just took the first chorus that plays in the first 20 seconds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC_q9KPczAg&feature=player_detailpage)

It's been one week since I left the states
Threw my arms round my mom and said goodbye
Five days since you heard from me
I've still got to get used to that jet lag thing.
It's been three days since my language class
I realized it's lots of work, but it will be great
Yesterday: well it was CRAZY
so it'll still be two days till I post this update.
-4/8/13
 
…or a whole other week! Sorry everyone... In the midst of getting settled it has been difficult to write much. I am almost into a good groove with things and hope to soon have a more complete overview of my time here so far, but until then i wanted to at least post a little something! :)

I will say... I can feel your prayers. I have had great peace and confidence so far. I feel like a part of their families already; the love of God overflows from them and it is very comforting. I have A LOT to accomplish and initially thought I might be overwhelmed by it all, but still His peace is surpassing my understanding.

HE IS FAITHFUL!


2 comments:

  1. It is good to have you here melodia and thank you for sharing your experience with us anything I may help you feels confortable to ask. God bless your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you Mel. Looking forward to more! - Amy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts/reactions/advice!